Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Europe By Viewfinder?

You might be wondering why I chose this particular title for this blog. It's pretty simple. During May of 1982 I was able to spend ten days in England shooting a television documentary about New Mexico State University's marching band performing tour throughout the country. As a crew we mostly saw England, and a day trip to Calais, France through the viewfinders of broadcast quality video cameras.

On August 18th, I'll have a similar opportunity again to travel with a small group of colleagues from Brigham Young University-Idaho to France, Greece, and Italy. Our itinerary includes Paris, Athens, Florence, and Rome. The main purpose of the trip is for the professors of the World Foundations courses to visit important locations that they discuss in their classes.

My part in this great adventure? To shoot hi-def video that we will bring back to campus and edit in fifteen to twenty short video pieces. These short videos will enhance the World Foundations curriculum.

So stay with me over the next 18 days as I share with you what I see through the viewfinder in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment